ms consultants is proud to announce that we more than doubled our number of summer interns and co-ops! This summer, 32 interns and co-ops are represented from 12 different universities. Not to mention we welcome back three returning interns for another great summer. We’re excited to provide these young professionals an environment to learn and grow within their respective fields.
At ms, interns and co-ops have the opportunity to assist on real life projects that evolve over the summer, bring innovative solutions to clients, and shape our communities. Interns and co-ops also work closely with managers and mentors on assignments, turning classroom learning into real-world experience.
History of the ms Blueprint Co-Op and Intern Program
ms takes pride in investing and developing our people, including each and every intern and co-op. Over the years, the ms Blueprint Co-Op and Intern Program has expanded and evolved to make sure interns and co-ops get the experience to succeed in their careers. How much do we invest in our interns and co-ops? We love to see them after graduation! In fact, over the past four years, 13 interns and co-ops across multiple business units, in various offices, have joined the team as full-time employees.
Benefits of an internship or co-op at ms include:
- Co-Op and Intern Blueprint Program
- Programming to expose interns and co-ops to many aspects of the engineering, architecture, and planning industries
- Opportunity to work with clients across the nation
- Opportunity to work with all engineering, architecture, planning, and support groups
- ms Young Professionals events
- ms Women’s Group events
- Knowing your work supports our clients, communities, and environment
- And much more!
Representing Many Universities & Experiences
ms participates in career fairs across all of our regions. That involvement translates into a multitude of universities represented within this summer’s intern and co-op class.
The universities represented in this year’s intern and co-op class include:
- The Ohio State University
- Youngstown State University
- University of Pittsburgh
- Penn State University
- Purdue University
- North Carolina State University
- Butler University
- Ohio University
- Kent State University
- Baldwin Wallace University
- Miami University
- Duke University
Beyond representation of various universities and colleges, the 2022 intern and co-op class has a broad range of impressive experience.
Some of our intern and co-op majors include:
- Civil Engineering
- Masters of Civil Engineering
- Business Administration, Human Resources
- City and Regional Planning
- Masters of Community and Regional Planning
- Environmental Engineering
- Geographic Information Science and Cartography
- Masters of Architecture
- Mechanical Engineering
- New Media and Technology Communication
- Business Administration, Marketing
Covering Many Services
At ms, with offices in six different states and multiple business units encompassing engineering, architecture, planning, and more, our interns and co-ops are working on it all.
The following teams are welcoming summer interns and co-ops:
- Building Structures
- Electrical Engineering
- Human Resources
- Marketing & Communications
- Mechanical Engineering
- Right of Way
- Structural Engineering
- Urban Planning
- Water & Wastewater
- Water Resources
We also have at least one intern or co-op in each of our major office locations!
Beyond the Internship
Over the summer, interns and co-ops will also participate in multiple lunch and learns. These lunch and learn sessions give interns and co-ops an opportunity to learn about other areas of the business, meet with company leaders, and network with other interns and co-ops.
Lunch and learns include:
- Sessions led by business unit leaders where they share what their day-to-day looks like, the projects their teams work on, and how they ended up in their careers
- A session with previous interns and co-ops who are now ms full-time employees which gives a glimpse of the intern or co-op to full-time path
- Lunch with the company president (who started at ms as an intern!)
- Corporate panel discussion, where support groups like accounting, IT, human resources, and marketing all share what it’s like working in these professions within the industry