Design Columbus 2012 is your opportunity be part of Central Ohio’s transformation to a healthier, more prosperous and sustainable built environment, all while earning CEU credits. This year, ms consultants is pleased to be presenting on our lessons learned from the LEED certification process for the event.
ms consultants‘ presentation, DC-12 at 2:00-3:30 pm on April 16, describes what LEED APs desire their building owners to know about LEED certification, and the owner’s role in the certification process. Our crucial points will help the LEED application and certification go smoothly and be successful. These points are developed from ms’ experiences in certifying commercial and public projects throughout the Midwest. Topics include:
- The owners’ motivation to go LEED;
- Formulating the project strategy for success including costs, owners’ engagement in developing a LEED project;
- What the expectations of energy efficiency are under LEED;
- The owners’ role in recycling, willingness of the owner to be the enforcer; and
- Thinking about public outreach and education.
Building owners, LEED APs and everyone involved in LEED certification will gain from this presentation of ms consultants’ experiences.
Attendees will receive continuing education credits: AIA + GBCI LEED Specific BD+C/ID+C
Our presenters will be:
- Eric Elizondo, Architect, LEED AP BD+C - A member of the American Institute of Architects, the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards, the US Green Building Council-Central Ohio Chapter. He has been a Registered Architect since 2001 and a LEED Accredited Professional since 2006. He was elected to serve on the first USGBC-COH Board of Directors, he currently serves as the Co-Chair of the Finance Committee for the US Green Building Council-Central Ohio Chapter, serves on the Board of Directors and is actively acquiring yearly sponsors for the Chapter.
- Melissa Berardi, LEED AP BD+C - Project Designer with 10 years of design and production in commercial and retail clients. To date, she has helped design over 550,000 square feet of LEED Registered and Certified space from Austin, Texas to Orlando, FL. Melissa is actively involved with the USGBC – Central Ohio Chapter, participating on the Finance committee.
- Jason Christoff, PE, LEED AP BD+C - With an emphasis on commercial/retail architecture and engineering services, Jason’s has more than 10 years experience in mechanical engineering and has developed a special interest in LEED, sustainable design and energy conservation. He is currently the project manager for a multi-unit retail banking rollout program with more than 30 LEED-certified and registered bank branches.
- Dan Barringer, Architect, LEED AP ID+C – With more than 17 years as an NCARB registered architect, Dan’s professional experience includes employment with Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, Ellerbe Beckett, SEH, URS and Làpiz Design where he developed his knowledge of sustainable design in architecture. Today, Dan works for ms consultants focusing on LEED commercial and public projects. He is actively involved with the USGBC – Central Ohio Chapter (Treasurer 2010-2011).
About Design Columbus 2012
Design Columbus 2012 will be held on April 16 at COSI in Columbus, Ohio, from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm. The educational seminars and trade show attract hundreds of professionals involved in the building industry. Attendees and participants include architects, designers, engineers, owners, developers, government officials, municipal planners, facility managers, contractors, construction managers, construction specifiers, manufacturers and product representatives.
For all attendees, the continuing education component includes opportunities for AIA and GBCI/ USGBC continuing education units (CEUs).
Registration and More Information
Please contact us at (614) 898-7100 for more information about this event or our presentation. To register for the event, visit http://designcolumbus2012-rss.eventbrite.com/.