Talented people … exceptional service … successful solutions.
By investing in our people, clients, and communities, we will nurture our philosophy of teamwork, respect, a caring attitude, and excitement … creating opportunities for success.
History of the Firm
ms consultants was founded in Youngstown, Ohio, in 1963. A partnership known as Mosure and Syrakis Co. was created when Mosure-Fok Engineering Co., founded in 1963 by Thomas F. Mosure, merged with Environmental Planning Inc., founded in 1968 by Thomas A. Syrakis.
Still a family-owned business that is now in its second generation of ownership, the company has experienced steady growth and has expanded into five states to date.
- 1972 - The Columbus, OH, office opens, offering a wide range of engineering, architectural and environmental services.
- 1973 – The Canton, OH, office opens, focusing on environmental planning services.
- 1978 - Thomas E. Mosure founds the environmental planning division, expanding the firm’s services from primarily transportation, bridge design, and planning to include environmental engineering, municipal services, and complete construction management. This multi-discipline approach enables clients to draw expertise from all engineering and planning areas, offering more cost benefits.
- 1982 – Mosure & Associates, Inc., an affiliate company providing comprehensive architectural services, is established.
- 1983 – The Akron, OH, office opens.
- 1985 – The Pittsburgh, PA, office opens.
- 1990 – The firm announces the merger of the architectural affiliate with the engineering operations to form a new, full-service engineering, architecture and planning firm named ms consultants, inc.The merger results in an efficient consolidation of engineering and architectural operations, with the company’s objective remaining to better serve clients.
- 1997 – ms acquires K. Anthony Hayek & Associates, a prestigious 28-year-old firm bringing an award-winning design reputation with a diverse client base.
- 1998 – Offices are established in Charleston, WV, and Indianapolis, IN.
- 1999 – Thomas E. Mosure is named president of the firm.
- 1999 – ms acquires engineering consultants Dixon-Gibson in Sanford, NC.
- 2001 – The Cleveland, OH, office opens.
- 2004 – ms acquires Raleigh-based Marlowe-Dreitzler and Associates to enhance the firm’s North Carolina base.
- 2006 – ms opens an office in Mechanicsburg (Harrisburg), PA.
- 2008 – ms acquires H.S. Annis Architects in Raleigh, NC.
- 2010 – ms creates a Rail Services division.
- 2011 – ms creates an Energy Services division.