YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio – Leadership Mahoning Valley welcomed its class of 2019 this morning at a kick-off breakfast at Holiday Inn in Boardman.
The program identifies individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who demonstrate leadership talent and community commitment. It provides a general overview of the Mahoning Valley, an opportunity for increased understanding of key community issues and the potential to develop effective working relationships with other civic leaders.
This year’s 27 participants will complete a nine-month program, which includes monthly day-long sessions that focus on major community systems such as education, health, human service, heritage, government, justice, labor, business, poverty and diversity.
All sessions provide the opportunity for the class to share relevant learning experiences and to interact with leaders from sectors of the community outside their own.
This year’s class includes:
- Michael Alexander, vice president, private banker at Chemical Bank.
- Marge Baker, director of Care Network at Mercy Health.
- Mara Banfield, director of career and technical education and director of Valley STEM at Mahoning County Career & Technical Center.
- Renee Bastounis, supervisor of Trumbull County Children’s Services.
- Jamie DeMain, supervisor of volunteer services at Akron Children’s Hospital.
- Shawn Dilmore, chief operating officer at Trumbull Regional Medical Center (Steward).
- Ali Fortunato, program specialist at Mahoning County Juvenile Court.
- John Hopkinson, coordinator of technology and installation at Youngstown City School District.
- Jarell Jackson, program facilitator at Mahoning County Juvenile Court.
- Joe Janik, vice commander at U.S. Air Force/ 910th Airlift Wing.
- Greg Kibler, deputy chief of data at Mahoning County Educational Service Center (Youngstown City Schools).
- Kathy Kiniklis, director of operations at Mercy Health.
- Elaine Martin, assistant controller at Aqua Ohio, Inc.
- Kristina Martinez, adult services manager at Warren-Trumbull County Public Library .
- Mala Milkovich, pharmacist at Rite Aid.
- Chrissy Mosure Dundics, database administrator/business development at MS Consultants, Inc.
- Jennifer Pintar, associate provost, academic administration at Youngstown State University.
- Stephen Preston, project manager/business development at MS Consultants, Inc.
- Bethany Prusky, senior HR generalist at Arconic.
- Michael Rawl, executive director at Jewish Community Center of Youngstown.
- Abbey Rhein, associate attorneys at Harrington, Hoppe & Mitchell.
- Beth Scheller, chief operating officer at YMCA of Youngstown.
- Jeff Shaffer, maintenance group commander of U.S. Air Force/ 910th Airlift Wing.
- Thomas Shortreed, owner of Ameriprise Financial-Shortreed & Associates.
- Tiffaney Trella, technology integration supervisor at Youngstown City School District.
- Shelly Trimble, social worker/sexual assault prevention and response coordinator at U.S. Air Force/ 910th Airlift Wing.
- Eric White, director of command information (public affairs) at U.S. Air Force/ 910th Airlift Wing.