Each year DiscoverE dedicates an entire week to celebrate and spread awareness about engineering; how engineers make a difference around the world, increase the awareness of the need for engineers, and bringing engineering to life for kids, teachers, and parents.
This year’s theme for Engineers Week is Inspiring Wonder. This theme was selected to recognize the engineers who create awe-inspiring wonders like autonomous vehicles and space travel. DiscoverE encourages celebrating and wondering about what the next great innovation may be. Engineers Week is a time to think about how some great innovations like electric lights, computers, and cars have changed and impacted our daily lives!
HOW CAN YOU PARTICIPATE IN ENGINEERS WEEK?
- February 23-25 – Carnegie Science Center, National Engineers Week Celebration
- February 17-18 – Parent-Kids Adventure in STEM at Whitaker Center
- February 20 – Central Pennsylvania Engineers Week Council: Engineers Week Breakfast & Career Expo
- February 21 – Central Pennsylvania Engineers Week Council, 2018 Engineers Week Banquet
- February 19 – The Ohio State University, WiE Explore
- February 22 – 2018 Central Ohio Engineers Week Luncheon
- March 3 – Central Ohio STEM Expo
- February 17 – Engineers Day at the Great Lakes Science Center
- February 20-26 – Engineers Week Celebration at Samuel Bissell Elementary School
- February 25 – Akron Engineers Week Banquet
- February 17 – Engineers Day at The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis
Raleigh, North Carolina
- February 18 – PENC Dream Big Film Screening
- February 19-25 – National Engineers Week at Marbles Kids Museum