The last Mercer County Commissioners meeting for 2016 was an uneventful one Thursday as commissioners approved a variety of contracts and new hires.
One exception: Commissioners extended the "Open road to traffic date" of the Race Street bridge in Greenville by eight calendar days (to December 23 from December 15). County engineer Mark Miller said the action does not extend the construction contract completion date, which is and has been May 17, 2017.
Also, Miller said action was taken on extending the competition date for the construction consultation phase of the designer, ms Consultants, until August 2017, to allow for them to review construction submissions and finalize records.
- Renewing two lease agreements with Staley Communications for using antennas costing $162 each.
- Entering into multiple agreements for Children Youth Services that include such services as diagnostic and having a shelter group.
- Buying a tractor and snow blower attachment from M&R Power, Hermitage, for $16,542.22, the lowest bid.
- A number of hires for county jobs ranging from Veterans Affairs and the 911 center.
- Entering a lease agreement with Pitney Bowes for a mailing machine for the Domestic Relations Department costing $247.62.
- The appointment of Marc Buskirk to the Mercer County Industrial Development Authority for a five-year term.
- Seek a $11,000 Safety Improvement Grant which will offset the price of 20 replacement ballistic vests for the Sheriff’s Department. The vests cost $17,236.
Also, commissioners approved their meeting schedule for 2017. The meetings will be 1 p.m. the first and third Thursday of each month, and also if there is a fifth Thursday in a given month.
There will be no commissioners meeting on Dec. 29 because of the holidays.